The purpose of the GGSC is to assist members in their genealogical research by:
- Encouraging the pursuit and preservation of Germanic-American family research.
- Collecting, sharing, and disseminating knowledge related to Germanic genealogy, including locating, preserving and indexing public and private genealogical records.
- Sponsoring events related to Germanic culture, and genealogical research resources and methodologies.
- Publishing materials that aid research of Germanic ancestry with a focus on immigrants and descendants living in the State of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region.
- Collaborating with and supporting other genealogical and cultural organizations, and libraries for the benefit of members and the general public.
- Instructing members in genealogical research through careful documentation and the maintenance of quality genealogical standards.